- Capture dynamic and varied video angles that will engage an audience.
- Mix in wide shots to give a sense of the space and close ups.
- Follow local regulations when shooting drone content.
- Avoid shaky, fast, or unfocused footage.
Weather and Timing
- Film in good weather when possible.
- Capture content during daylight hours, unless otherwise relevant to the activity.
- Ensure the landscape reflects the correct season; for instance, capture spring content when greenery is present and snow has melted.
People and Crowds
- Showcase groups and activities at lively places like restaurants and events.
- For serene experiences like hiking, avoid showing crowds.
- Refer to a destination’s guidelines to determine whether to show faces.
- Actively participate with the activities or food being captured.
- Include point-of-view shots that allow travelers to imagine themselves there.
- Refer to a destination’s guidelines to decide whether to appear on camera.
- Highlight various location features.
- Include both interior and exterior shots whenever possible.
- Avoid portraying places negatively by excluding messy areas or unsafe activities.
Telling Your Story
- Use 5-10 video clips, each about 5-10 seconds long.
- Organize content in a sequence that guides viewers through the experience and tells a compelling story.
- Add captions and descriptions to enhance the narrative and provide context.
- Content should be free of typos, and follow a destination’s guidelines.